The Patchwork Of The Crosses Quilt by Lucy Boston 2017 Block Of The Month. An exclusive English Paper Piecing BOM programme by Sew and Quilt using Liberty Tana Lawn Fabrics.
£17.25 / MONTH + Postage
Please sign up to our newsletter to hear about future BOM clubs and more! Please email me at: email@example.com if you wish to be part of our 2018 POTC club.
After the popularity and excellent feedback from our 2016 Patchwork Of The Crosses BOM club, we are opening up places for 2017 program!
What is a Block Of The Month (BOM) and how does it work?
Once you subscribe to the 2016 Lucy Boston Patchwork Of The Crosses Quilt BOM, you’ll be automatically enrolled in our club programme where you will be sent a package each month to include fabric, paper pieces, and quilt diagrams to follow and make up our own Patchwork Of The Crosses quilt.
It will be a 12-month club from January - December 2017 which will include all fabric and English Paper Pieces to sew a fabulous quilt top!
What’s in my monthly club kit?
– FABRIC: Each months kit is carefully chosen and curated by Jessie Fincham with a traditional, and slightly quirky feel. To keep things authentic we will be using a variety of Liberty Art Fabrics (Tana Lawns) just as Lucy Boston used for her original POTC quilt, alongside other beautiful quilting cottons to enhance the overall look. The premium-quality Art Gallery Elements has been especially chosen for the off-white background fabric, it has a wonderful feel to it and works perfectly alongside Liberty Tana Lawns. We are also using a lovely Tana Lawn for the sashing.
– PAPER PIECES: You will also receive the exact number of English paper pieces for the necessary sections each month, so there is no need to re-use the papers.
– PATTERN: Clear and simple to follow cutting insuctions, quilt block diagrams and assembly diagrams included in each package, so you can keep up to date each month. I also send out a periodic BOM newsletter which includes any extra details that need to be covered.
The Patchwork Of The Crosses Quilt
Bring Lucy Boston’s most popular quilt to life with our monthly quilt club! Using the traditional technique of English paper piecing you will have a completed top by the end of the year, which will have a 4 x 6 block layout. We have adjusted the finished quilt size from the original quilt to accommodate a 12-month club, which will be an achievable finish and ready to quilt and finish to your desired style. The finished quilt top will measure approximately 57-1/2″ x 86″. Each month you will always make two of the coloured blocks, and varying numbers of other blocks. We have calculated the size of fabric to make up the honeycombs and square pieces, so you will receive strips of fabric that relate to the number of pieces required each month. While Lucy Boston fussy-cuts almost all of her blocks in the original quilt, it is simply impossible to work this out on a kit basis for every block within an acheivable budget due to the fabric wastage, so we will be doing limited fussy-cutting in some blocks – with extra fabric to achieve this. The finished quilt will still be marvellous and sure to become a family heirloom to treasure for years to come!
Pattern: Original pattern designed and pieced by Lucy Boston in the 1950s, adapted for the Sew and Quilt 2016 BOM Club by Jessie Fincham.
Difficulty: Confident Beginner. Assumes basic knowledge of the English Paper Piecing technique.
How much is postage, and do you ship internationally?
We do! Our BOM program has been very popular internationally. We charge the actual shipping rates (inc. VAT) to make it as cost-effective for you as possible. Shipping rates as follows;
UK Postage (1st Class): £2.75
EU Postage (Standard Airmail): £5
EU (Tracked & Signed): £9.90
International (Tracked & Signed) £12
Can I combine my BOM kit with other items?
Unfortunately we can't. Please make a seperate order if you wish to order other items from our shop.
How and when will the payment be taken?
Your credit/debit card details are not kept on file (we do not see your card details, you enter them on the secure payment page via our payment provider). Your card will be charged on the 15th of each month, (if this falls on a weekend we will take the payment on the Friday).
By signing up to the BOM club you agree to take part in the 12-month program, which runs from January – December 2017 and is non-cancelable.
When will my BOM kit be dispatched?
Your kits aim to be dispatched 3 working days after the payment date. Delivery times will vary depending on your location. Please check our delivery page for more information on this topic.
Can I gift an annual subscription?
Absolutely! Just be sure to enter your own billing details and a different delivery name and address for the recipient.
Can I pay upfront in one payment?
Yes you can. We've had some requests for this already and although it makes me a little nervous! I'm happy to oblige if this is most convenient for you.
We hope you can join the fun with our exciting English Paper Piecing adventure this year! ~ Jessie
1. Please select the correct postage option for your location from the drop-down list below. Price per month is £17.25 + Postage (as detailed above)
2. Upon checkout, PLEASE USE YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD NOT PayPal, NOT PAYPAL, NOT PAYPAL, NOT PAYPAL, orders incorrectly placed using a PayPal account will have to pay the £1 reservation fee again by credit/debit card.
3. Please make a seperate order if you wish to purchase additional items.