Please see our full and rather formal terms and conditions below, if you have any question or need clarification, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I can get back to you in everyday English not legal speak!
Terms and Conditions of Business, Sew and Quilt.
1. GENERAL: Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available through this Website (collectively, the “Services”) are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the “Terms and Conditions”). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms and Conditions, as may be updated by us regularly.
You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms and Conditions . Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and Sew and Quilt reserves the right to remove or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
2. YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND CONDUCT: You must provide us with true and accurate information for example: your real name, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated. Falsifying or omitting contact information such as a name, address, and/or telephone number when registering with Sew and Quilt is not permitted. You are also not permitted to use fax or disconnected numbers as a telephone number. When using this website you must obey all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws.
It is your responsibility to select a password that is unique to your Sew and Quilt account and that you do not disclose this information to anyone else or keep this information in an insecure place.
You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Services; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person’s proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Sew and Quilt will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We reserve the right to bar users from this Site on a permanent or temporary basis. Any such user shall be notified and must not then attempt to use this Site under any other name or through any other user. Sew and Quilt will report any breach of these rules that would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act of 1990 to the relevant law enforcement agencies and disclose your identity to them.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, SOFTWARE AND CONTENT: Please note that all images are copyright of Sew and Quilt and no part of this website may be copied or reproduced without permission.
4. TERMS OF SALE: By placing an order on Sew and Quilt website you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. At any time Sew and Quilt has the right to cancel the order before it is dispatched, refunding any money due to the customer. If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping cart, or you realise an item was forgotten contact us and we will adjust the order for you manually. We will always endeavour to meet your special requests, which can be typed in the comments box during ordering. Sew and Quilt will endeavour to process the Order and send the Goods within the time period stated at point of purchase Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are indicative only. Time for delivery will not be of the essence of the Contract and Sew and Quilt will not be liable for any loss or expenses sustained by the Buyer arising from any delay in the delivery of the Goods howsoever caused. We will not be held responsible for any deliveries delayed due to postal delays or force majeure. Sew & Quilt will not be held responsible for any delays or unreceived packages due to the shipping address being entered incorrectly at the checkout. Please see our FAQs on Delivery Charges for further information on order windows and services.
In order to contract with Sew and Quilt you must be at least 13 years of age and can form a legally binding contract under applicable law If your order is accepted we will inform you by email when we dispatch the item. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit, debit card or PayPal account used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the order cost. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit card, debit card or PayPal details before accepting your Order. All prices advertised are subject to such change.
As soon as we have delivered the goods you will be responsible for them. If you delay accepting a delivery, our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end on the date the carrier tried to deliver the goods to you. If goods arrive in a damaged condition you must inform us within 7 days. Please contact us; email@example.com and we will replace the goods at no charge or refund any money paid for the goods. If the goods returned under this clause are found to be in full working order these will be returned to you and no refund will be provided. This does not affect your statutory rights. Our primary aim is to satisfy our customers.
The price for the goods will be as stipulated at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our supplier’s prices, or the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong. We will inform you of the correct price and give you an opportunity to cancel the order. If the goods have already been delivered, we will give you an opportunity to return the goods and receive a full refund of the price and any delivery charges you have paid for the goods. If you are not 100% satisfied with your goods please contact us by email or telephone to arrange to return them to us for refund within 7 days of delivery. Please ensure that the goods are returned to us complete with all relevant packaging in an unused and re-saleable condition. Goods should be returned to us, at your cost. We cannot be held responsible for any packages that do not reach us.
5. OUR CONTRACT: When you place an order, you will receive an email that acknowledges your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. We take payment from your card, when we process your order and have checked your card details. If we are unable to supply the goods for any reason, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given if you have already paid for the goods.
6. PRICING AND PAYMENT: At Sew and Quilt we try to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices that appear on this website are accurate. In the unlikely event of an error in the price of any goods that you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled and any monies paid will be refunded to you.
All prices are shown inclusive of VAT at the applicable UK rate of 20%. Exact VAT charged is calculated based on the final value of your order in the check out process, at the rate applicable to your country. You will be responsible for any other taxes applicable in the territory to which the Goods are sent.
All our payment processing is handled by SagePay, a payment service provider who have the highest level PCI DSS compliance. Credit card details are entered on a secure payment payment page. We do not see your card details as they are held securely by SagePay Payments.
Data collected by this site is used to:
a. Take and fulfil customer orders.b. Administer and enhance the site and service.c. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
At any time you may check the information that we hold is accurate by contacting us via email, if you find any innaccuracies we will correct or delete our record according to your request.
9. RETURNS AND REFUNDS: We are happy to use all our products in our own quilts and projects, so we hope you will be happy with our products also. We understand the importance of your time sewing and we want it to be as enjoyable and productive as possible. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a refund or exchange within 15 days unless the product has been purchased part of Sew and Quilt SALE. If an item has been bought in the sale, or during certain site promotions where price reductions are applied then you may return it within 7 days. Please refer to your specific promo code or contact us for more information. To qualify for a refund, the items must be returned in original condition with all packaging intact and items unused. It is your responsibility to pay for the order to be returned and obtain a certificate of posting. If the items are not what you ordered or they are faulty, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a return at our expense.
All of our customers have a statutory duty to take reasonable care of our products, in the event of this not being the case, Sew and Quilt will exercise our legal right of action. If items are soiled and show signs of being used, the order will not be cancelled and items may be sent back to the customer with full payment due.
Under Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel your order within 7 working days of receipt of goods. You must inform us in writing within 7 days of receipt of your intent to exercise this right to: Notice of Contract Cancellation, Cancellation Notice, Sew and Quilt, Trinity Yard, Quay Street, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4BN, U.K. or via email to email@example.com. Please keep evidence of the cancellation notice, such as a copy and obtain a certificate of posting. In this circumstance you will be liable to pay and arrange for the goods to be returned in original condition with original packaging. None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder. If you wish to find out more about Distance Selling please visit: http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumer...
10. INDEMNIFY: You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
The laws of England and Wales shall govern the Contract between us and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
We comply with UK legal and tax regulations.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you.
CONTACT: You can order any of the available products on our Sew and Quilt Website. We endeavour to deliver to anywhere in the world that is accessible by our couriers. If you can’t find a product you want, please tell us.
You can also place orders by phone or post.
Telephone orders within the UK please call 01736 362253, overseas orders and for enquiries or help please call +44(0)1736 362253. Please leave a message on the answer machine if there is no answer and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Postal address: Sew and Quilt, Trinity Yard, Quay Street, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 4BZ.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are emailing about an outstanding order please quote your full name and order number if you have one.
Receive our emails for all the latest news, product releases, sales and upcoming monthly clubs!